The Big Event is in search of individuals interested in becoming part of next year’s executive team. We are excited about your interest in joining this organization as we continue to bring aspects of the KU and Lawrence communities together through service.
The Big Event’s mission is to unite KU students, faculty and staff with the Lawrence community, foster a culture of service through collaboration, and continue the tradition of giving back through our one big day, one big thanks, and one big event. As a student leader for The Big Event, you will have the opportunity to establish the groundwork of a long-lasting tradition.
For more information about deadlines and requirements, please see below.
Executive Director, The Big Event at KU
The Big Event leadership application timeline:
- Executive Director
- Application due 11:59 PM, March 26
- Interviews: Monday, March 27
- Director of Campus Outreach, Director of Community Outreach, Director of Development, and Director of Marketing
- Application due 11:59 PM, April 9
- Interviews: to be scheduled April 10 – 16
- Campus Recruitment Coordinator (3), Community Outreach Coordinator (2), and Development and Logistics Coordinator (2)
- Application due 11:59 PM, April 16
- Interviews: to be scheduled April 17 – 23
(The Kansas Union staff reserve the right to check accuracy on all submitted information.)