The Big Event is a non-need based student group that connects the KU campus with the Lawrence community. By recruiting thousands of student, faculty, and staff volunteers to work at hundreds of local job sites during one day of service, we are able to say thank you to the community that surrounds us all year. The Big Event volunteers provide a helping hand to Lawrence residents by completing projects in their neighborhoods.
The executive director manages The Big Event board and is the official spokesperson of The Big Event to the university community.
Interested in joining The Big Event?
- Internal Development Coordinator: Mallori Courtney
Questions about job sites? This team coordinates all community requests for service on the day of the event.
- Director of Community Relations: Lauren Terry
- Community Outreach Coordinators: Namoos Haider, Katie Shipley and Amy Crouse
Questions about volunteering? This team can answer any questions about volunteering including group registration, transportation, service hours, and more.
- Director of Campus Relations: Chelney Cameron
- Volunteer Recruitment Coordinators: Melissa Acosta, Mia Aronson, and Julia Reeves
Interested in being a 2019 sponsor? Our support and sponsorship team can help you at any level of giving.
- Director of Development: Susie Glenn
- Event Logistics Coordinators: Katlyn North, Joe Russell, and Phuong Troung
Have questions about marketing or advertising?
- Director of Marketing: Anita Song
- Marketing Coordinator: Natalia Acosta
- Database Coordinator: Open!