Join the Big Event
The Big Event is in search of individuals interested in becoming part of next year’s executive staff and board. We are excited about your interest in joining this organization as we continue to bring aspects of the KU and Lawrence communities together through service.
The Big Event’s mission is to unite KU students, faculty and staff with the Lawrence community, foster a culture of service through collaboration, and continue the tradition of giving back through our one big day, one big thanks, and one big event. As a student leader for the Big Event, you will have the opportunity to establish the groundwork of a long-lasting tradition.
Applications for those interested in executive team are due at 5 p.m. Friday, April 19; committee co-chair and coordinator positions are due by 5 p.m. Friday, April 26. Please be sure to read and complete every part of the application.
Executive Director, The Big Event at KU
Big Event leadership application timeline:
- Applications open: Wednesday, March 27
- The Big Event 2013: Saturday, April 13
- Application deadline: Executive committee deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, April 19; committee chair/coordinator deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, April 26
- Executive committee interviews and selection: Tuesday, April 23 (evening)
- Committee chair/coordinator interviews and selection: Tuesday, April 30 (evening)
- First meeting for new Big Event board members: Tuesday, May 7
(Union Programs reserves the right to check accuracy on all submitted information.)