The ninth annual Big Event is scheduled for Saturday, April 27, 2019.
The Big Event is a non-need based student group that connects the KU campus with the Lawrence community. By recruiting thousands of student, faculty, and staff volunteers to work at hundreds of local job sites during one day of service, we are able to say thank you to the community that surrounds us all year. The Big Event volunteers provide a helping hand to Lawrence residents by completing projects in their neighborhoods.
The executive director manages The Big Event board, and is the official spokesperson of The Big Event to the university community.
Questions about job sites? This team coordinates all community requests for service on the day of the event.
- Director of Community Relations: Connor Dougan
- Community Outreach Coordinators: Sarah Bromley and Victoria Reggeti
Questions about volunteering? This team can answer any questions about volunteering including group registration, transportation, service hours, and more.
- Director of Campus Relations: Jaret Rangel
- Volunteer Recruitment Coordinators: Alysia Larson, Kira Stahly & Josh Wu
Interested in being a 2018 sponsor? Our support and sponsorship team can help you at any level of giving.
- Director of Development and Logistics: Megan Doolittle
- Event Logistics Coordinators: Torie Mansfield and Quinn Harrold
Have questions about marketing or advertising?
- Director of Marketing: Vanessa Gonzales & Marketing Coordinator: Caroline Appleby